Finding Inspiration in Every Turn
Thanks for your interest in performing for Talking Horse Productions' Original Monologue Contest: Season Two!
Rules and Details
1. Actors will be assigned a monologue to perform by March 29, 2021.
2. Actors must perform the monologue as written. No editing for content or censorship unless otherwise directed.
3. If recording on a phone, it must be recorded in landscape mode.
4. All submissions must be performed, recorded, and submitted by April 28, 2021 at 11:59pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
5. By submitting your work to this contest you are consenting to your work being hosted on this website and the social media account of Talking Horse Productions.
Your request to perform will be reviewed by our team. (Please note that due to the popularity of this contest it may not be possible to allow every actor to perform. In this event, considerations will be made for performance history.) If your request to perform is accepted, you will be randomly assigned a monologue for performance. You will not know who the writer of your piece is and should refrain from guessing or contacting the writer if known. You will then have until April 28 at 11:59pm to perform and record your piece. Video submissions will then begin May 1, 2021 on our FaceBook page as well as this website. Once a video is posted, patrons may begin casting their "vote" for their favorite monologue by donating to the theatre through the provided means. After the final video submission is posted on May 31, 2021, a final donation period will continue until June 13, 2021 at 11:59pm. The video submission that received the most donations will be declared the winner and the amount raised for the particular submission will be split out evenly between the actor and the writer.