Finding Inspiration in Every Turn
Thanks for your interest in submitting your original work for Talking Horse Productions' Original Monologue Contest: Season Two!
SUBMIT YOUR MONOLOGUE TO:
Subject: OMC2 - Submission
1. Your name as you would like it to be credited.
2. Your location: City, State (if applicable), Country
3. A brief (200 words or less) bio about you and where people can find more of your work.
Rules and Details
1. All submissions must be original and self-contained. No cuts from larger plays, scenes, or sketches.
2. Monologues must be no longer than 8 minutes. Submissions accepted that exceed that length may be cut at the discretion of the performer.
3. All submissions are due no later than March 26, 2021 at 11:59pm.
4. By submitting your work to this contest you are consenting to your work being performed, recorded, and hosted on this website and the social media account of Talking Horse Productions.
Your submission will be read and reviewed by our team for length and content after the deadline. (Please note that due to the popularity of this contest it may not be possible to produce every monologue submitted.) If your monologue is accepted it will be randomly assigned to a participating actor for performance. Actors will not know who wrote their monologue. Actors will then have until April 28 at 11:59pm to perform and record their piece. Video submissions will then begin May 1, 2021 on our FaceBook page as well as this website. Once a video is posted patrons may begin casting their "vote" for their favorite monologue by donating to the theatre through the provided means. After the final video submission is posted on May 31, 2021, a final donation period will continue until June 13, 2021 at 11:59pm. The video submission that received the most donations will be declared the winner and the amount raised for the particular submission will be split out evenly between the actor and the writer.